Allot Deep Packet Inspection
DART – superior DPI
Dynamic Actionable Recognition Technology (DART) is our superior brand of Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology which is embedded in our high-performance platforms. Integrating our vast expertise in IP traffic identification and traffic classification, DART is at the core of our highly effective solutions for managing bandwidth utilization and application performance in any network. DART delivers the granular visibility that enables service providers to optimize and monetize their assets, and enterprises to control and secure their business-critical applications.
- Granular visibility of all network traffic, including OTT applications
- Multi-dimentional insight into application, user, device, access, context, video and more
- Identification of thousands of applications and sub-applications in all network scenarios
Hitless updates keep the DART engine inside every Allot platform up-to-date concerning all awareness dimensions. DART protocol and signature updates are propagated automatically to all platforms without affecting surrounding services and systems.
DART delivers multi-dimensional awareness
- Applications: Identifies and accurately classifies more applications and protocols than any other solution, enabling any action – analysis, control, optimization – to be taken at the same level of granularity.
- Users: Identifies the users generating the traffic e.g., a user playing a game on a tablet, a user in a WhatsApp chat on an iPhone, and a user watching YouTube videos on an Android phone.
- Devices: Identifies the devices being used – dongle, smartphone, tablet – and the device manufacturer. This device awareness powers a myriad of use-cases including tethering identification, new device campaigns, device-aware optimization and more.
- Access: Provides access-aware visibility that allows the monitoring and control of traffic flows at specific access points in order to maintain network performance. Cell awareness in mobile access and CMTS awareness in cable access are two leading scenarios enabled by DART.
- Context: Identifies what users are doing in the application, and not just the application being used e.g., users can be watching a video, browsing, or chatting with friend on the same application. Such types of usage may relate to different use-cases with different user quality expectations.
- Video: Provides unique information about OTT video – including Quality of Experience parameters, video attributes such as resolution and format, and specific content details – enabling an in-depth view of video consumption and the overall quality of video deli\very.