Allot Networks Solutions: Mobile Broadband ProvidersBroadband Traffic Management Solutions for Intelligent Networks
Mobile broadband use is on the rise in today’s 2.5G and 3G mobile networks and is reaching critical mass. In April 2008, Neilson reported that 16% of all handset-owning Americans now use their mobile phones to browse the web, pick up email, and download content. At the same time, mobile operators are evolving their infrastructure to higher-capacity broadband networks (3G to 4G, HSPA, LTE) to take advantage of mobile broadband offerings and to stimulate demand for media-rich services that will be accessible via a new generation of mobile devices. In addition, the mobile Internet is well on the way to embracing open-access initiatives, which will require operators to open their walled gardens and create an environment where mobile subscribers can access the internet applications, content and services they want in a way that maintains the integrity of the online experience.
Allot mobile broadband optimization and monitoring solutions based on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology help mobile operators meet these challenges by providing essential visibility and network intelligence on subscriber and aggregate broadband usage; by implementing dynamic, bandwidth management policies to ensure service quality per subscriber and efficient utilization usage of network resources; and by enabling the deployment of high-value, revenue-generating services.
Allot solutions deployment in UMTS mobile environment
Allot solutions for mobile broadband operators include:
- Mobile Broadband Monitoring solutions deliver the granular visibility and network intelligence that is needed to understand how mobile broadband resources are being consumed by subscribers, content providers and applications across the entire network.
- Mobile Broadband Optimization solutions help mobile providers manage bandwidth utilization on valuable access and backhaul links in order to avoid backhaul congestion, to assure the user experience, and to prevent unfair exploitation of mobile resources. Allot’s full complement of bandwidth management and policy provisioning tools allow operators to provision dynamic QoS policies especially for the needs of delay-sensitive services such as mobile video streaming, instant messaging and interactive gaming. Policy definitions may include any combination of prioritization, bandwidth allocation, access, and traffic-shaping actions to be applied per subscriber-application to ensure QoE (Quality of Experience). This is true for services in the operator’s walled garden as well as over-the-top Internet services.
- Service Tiering and Quota Management solutions help operators differentiate their mobile broadband offering and build a more informed engagement strategy on a customer-by-customer basis. The per-subscriber visibility, QoS policy control, and quota management provided by Allot solutions facilitate the introduction of personal, consumption-based service packages that bundle access speeds and SLAs with enforceable usage quotas or caps. Tiered-subscription and quota billing models can help to increase revenue from mobile services and reverse the trend of flat or decreasing ARPU.
- Value Added Service solutions leverage Allot DPI technology and the Allot Service Gateway platform to enable mobile operators to further save costs and boost profitability. Allot's integrated VAS solutions include media caching and acceleration, VoIP quality monitoring, targeted advertising, URL filtering and more.
- Service Protection solutions allow mobile network monitoring and ensure service continuity and guard mobile network integrity against known and unknown threats. Through immediate identification of Denial of Service (DoS/DDoS) attacks, Zero Day attacks, worms, zombie and spambot behavior, Allot enables fast, surgical mitigation of offending traffic while allowing legitimate traffic to flow.