Allot Networks Solutions: Internet Service ProvidersBroadband Traffic Management Solutions for Intelligent Networks
The rise of applications such as VoIP, interactive gaming, and streaming video are changing the nature of broadband services, forcing DSL carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISP) to move from marketing broadband simply as a faster Internet connection to promoting broadband as the key enabler of value added services, applications, content and the digital home. As broadband moves into this phase of market development, carriers and internet service providers face unprecedented challenges.
Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) has a vital role to play in next-generation broadband networks, and Allot is paving the way with a carrier-grade solution that overcomes the barriers of performance, reliability, application awareness and subscriber awareness that have made it difficult for service providers to control capital and operating costs. In addition, Allot ISP solutions leverage DPI as an enabler of value added services vital to maintaining differentiation and profitability in broadband networks. Only Allot combines a powerful DPI engine with an array of services to provide a fully integrated, carrier-class platform that is capable of identifying the traffic flows of individual subscribers and directing them to the value added services to which they have subscribed.
Allot solutions may be deployed at the broadband core, aggregation or peering points
with a single point of integration with operator OSS and provisioning environments
Allot solutions for Internet Service Providers and DSL carriers include:
- Network Intelligence solutions deliver granular visibility that enables DSL carriers and ISPs to understand how their bandwidth resources are being consumed by subscribers, content providers and applications across the entire network.
- P2P Control and Congestion Management solutions help service providers manage bandwidth utilization and prevent unfair exploitation of network resources.
- Corporate and Residential Service Tiering solutions help ISPs differentiate their service offering and promote acceptable usage policies by enabling the introduction of consumption-based service packages that bundle access speeds with enforceable usage quotas or caps.
- Value Added Service solutions leverage Allot DPI technology and the Allot Service Gateway platform to enable Internet service providers to further save costs and boost profitability. Allot's complementary VAS solutions include media caching, billing and VoIP quality monitoring, targeted advertising, URL filtering and more.
- Advanced Network Protection solutions ensure service continuity and safeguard network integrity against known and unknown threats. With Allot ServiceProtector, Internet service providers are able to detect and mitigate Denial of Service (DoS/DDoS ) attacks as well as zombies and spambots who are clogging up the network with with illegitimate traffic.